Friday, July 18, 2014

"Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children"




THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR THE FIRST BOOK
     "Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children" is the first book in a soon to be trilogy/series written by Ransom Riggs.
   
     This novel was not exactly what I had expected when I picked it up, however, I greatly enjoyed it once I got into the story a bit more.  The story follows a boy named Jacob who's grandfather passes away in a mysterious way.  Jacob soon learns that they stories that his Grandfather used to tell him as a child may not have really just been stories after all.

     Driven by the need to know what killed his grandfather, Jacob (along with his father) embarks on a transatlantic trip and gets much more than he bargained for.

    Judging by the title and cover art work of this book, I did not expect the story to begin with a teenager from Florida who's grandfather seems to be crazy.  I nearly gave up on the book, but after I pushed through and actually got to the part when Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is actually introduced to Jacob (and the reader), I really did enjoy the book and couldn't stop reading, I needed to know what was going on and what would happen to both the Peculiar Children and Jacob.

     I definitely recommend this book, but be prepared to need read the second book (review coming next Friday) and the third book which is currently in the works.

     According to IMDb, the book is in the process of being adapted for the screen, and the movie is slated to be directed by Tim Burton.

     The trailer for the book can be viewed below:

No comments:

Post a Comment