Wednesday, March 12, 2014

"Insurgent": What will happen after the attack?

This Post Contains "Divergent" Spoilers


     “Insurgent,” the second book in the trilogy by Veronica Roth, was a great follow up to “Divergent.”
   
     “Insurgent” picks up where the previous book left off, with the city in disarray after the attack on the Dauntless Compound and Tris and company dealing with their new found Factionless status. As Tris stated at the end of “Divergent,” “I have no home, no path and no certainty. I am no longer Tris, the selfless, or Tris, the brave. I suppose that now, I must become more than either”(pg 487).
   
     “Insurgent” follows Tris and her friends through this new world they have found themselves in and includes just as much drama as the previous novel did. Through trying to find a new faction to reside within, or joining the Factionless, dealing with situations that test Caleb and Tris' sibling ties, the book keeps readers entertained.
   
     I do recommend this book if you enjoyed “Divergent” however, I must say that there were aspects of “Insurgent” that did get on my nerves a bit, but those spoilers will be saved for a future post.
   
     With the upcoming release of the “Divergent” movie, I think it's safe to say we can expect an “Insurgent” movie in the future.

Do you think "Insurgent" was a good sequel to "Divergent"?

No comments:

Post a Comment